- Concordia University Chicago MBA Admissions Guide
- Introduction of Concordia University Chicago (CUC)
Founded in 1864, Concordia University Chicago is a historic private university situated in the Midwest region of the United States of America. Specifically, the university is located in the upscale community of River Forest, Illinois just 15 minutes west of the city of Chicago, Illinois. The campus offers full amenities in a park like setting in this safe and quiet residential neighborhood.
CUC campus currently has a total enrollment of more than 5,500 students; 1,500 undergraduate student and over 4,000 graduate students. MBA Students can choose from one of eight specializations such as:
Leadership and Change Management
The College of Business at Concordia University Chicago offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) designed and taught by business leaders and educators to prepare leaders for the global marketplace. Over 70% of the full-time and part-time faculty hold terminal degrees and have a wealth of practical business experience. Your instructors have both the experience and expertise to enable you to engage in the 21st century global business environment. To best illustrate this, the vision statement of the College of Business is:
“We seek to be a globally recognized Christian-based business college that creates authentic, innovative leaders who transform the lives and organizations they serve.”
As you review the MBA program and compare to other programs, what makes the CUC experience different is our philosophy of our MBA program. The program is based on four pillars of leadership excellence:
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Critical Thinking & Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Communication & Human Relations
- Global Interconnectedness & Inclusiveness
As you reflect up on your completion of the program, CUC continues to engage students by coordinating many internship and practical training opportunities. Being located in Chicago, Illinois, a major city in the United States, many opportunities are available in finance, marketing, accounting, and management.
- Introduction of the program
With the rapid development of China’s economy, the demand for business executives with an international perspective, thinking and knowledge systems have risen sharply. The FISO Group, with Concordia University Chicago, has developed this customized MBA program to meet the need for experienced Chinese executives.
Concordia University Chicago MBA Program (CUC MBA) is a one-year, full-time program that does not require the GMAT examination. The MBA diploma which is issued by CUC is internationally recognized, and can be certified by the China Ministry of Education.
- Why choose this program
- Established University: Founded in 1864, Concordia University Chicago (CUC) is celebrating its 154th anniversary of bringing higher education to the world.
- Excellent location: Located in Chicago, Illinois, with a population of over 2.7 million people, is one of the most friendly and convenient cities in the United States.
- Low ratio of students to teachers: The ratio of students to teachers is 17: 1. All courses are taught in small classes with no more than 20 classes.
- Professors with both practical experience and strong academic background.
Over 70% of the professors hold doctoral degrees, multiple master’s degrees, and have profound practical experience.
- Easier to create social relations: The school’s domestic students are from the ethnically diverse middle-class families in the United States.
- CUC campus is beautiful, safe and modern. It has 24-hour security monitoring the dormitory and university. The community of CUC is located in a safe upscale neighborhood. Chinese students can choose to live in campus or off campus.
- Upon graduation, students could apply for a one-year OPT internship in the United States. FISO Group can help students to get well-known companies’ professional internship opportunities.
- Easy to apply: Exemption of the test of GMAT and GRE. A variety of options on English proficiency test.
- Preferential Tuition Rate: The relationship with FISO provides our MBA students a tuition discount.
- Admission Requirements
Provide official, sealed transcripts from institutions where degrees were earned showing all college/university course work with certified English translations (ECE or WES course-by-course) of all transcripts originally prepared in any other language.
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a Concordia approved international credentialing service. Concordia accepts course-by-course evaluations from WES (World Education Services), ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators) or AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers).
- Professional Résumé (or Curriculum Vitae)
- Declaration of Finances
Submit a certified document pledging financial support for the first year of study and verifying the same for the following year/s of study.
A physical exam, adequate medical insurance, and proof of immunization are required prior to enrollment.
4.1 Bachelor’s degree or above.
4.2 TOEFL score of 72 or IELTS score of 6.00 or (CUC online English Test) 6.0 or above.
4.3 GPA minimum 3.0
4.4. Application documents
4.5 Application (grad.CUC.edu)
4.7 Diploma (undergraduate or graduate)
4.8 Official transcripts (undergraduate or graduate)
4.9 Evaluation Report issued by CHESSIC * or CDGDC on the Diploma (undergraduate or graduate)
4.10 Evaluation Report issued by CHESSIC * or CDGDC on the Official transcripts (undergraduate or graduate)
4.11 TOEFL or IELTS or Password 6.0 score.
4.12 Professional resume
4.13 Personal statement
4.14 Economic Proof of Reliable Economic Sources
4.15 School application fee: RMB¥2,000.00
4.16 Tuition fee US $ 23,000 / year (paid within 2 days after visa is passed)
4.17 Application time
4.18 Spring admission, deadline: January 31
4.19 Fall admission, deadline: June 30
* CHESSIC: China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center
** CDGDC: China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center
- Program courses
A total of 39 credits 13 courses.
MBAC-6000 Managing and Leading Effective Organizations
MBAC-6050 Ethics, Law and Communications in Decision Making **
MBAC-6100 Global Marketing in the Digital Era
MBAC-6150 Organizational Behavior
MBAC-6200 Economics for Management
MBAC-6250 Strategy for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
MBAC-6300 Accounting for Decision Making
MBAC-6350 Managing Human Capital
MBAC-6400 Statistics Applied to Managerial Problems
MBAC-6450 Financial Management
MBAC-6500 Global Management **
MBAC-6990 Capstone Course
EDU-6150 Seminar in Higher Education *
*All international students who do not have a prior degree received in the United States are required to complete this course.
**In accordance with university policy, students meeting CUC COB’s standards for waiving courses may petition for a waiver of these courses. Waiver assumes Program Participants demonstrate proficiency in course requirements covered in MBAC 6500.
Program Participants may elect to complete one or more Specializations to add to their MBA degree program. The Specializations below are currently available to this program: Accounting, Digital Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Health Care Administration Management, Leadership and Change Management, Not-for-profit management, and Sport management. The Specializations are optional with extra discount fees.
- Student rights and duties
Program Participants have the same rights and duties with regular CUC students and follow the relevant regulations of CUC.
All Program Participants must earn a grade of C or higher in all MBA courses and maintain a 3.00 grade point average or higher in order to maintain satisfactory academic progress and to graduate with the Master in Business Administration degree from Concordia University Chicago.
Concordia University is located in River Forest, IL, an upscale community just 15 minutes’ drive from downtown Chicago.
- Contact information
FISO Group is committed to providing high-end professional training, cultural exchange, and business consulting to Chinese and American educational, cultural and commercial institutions. It is the founding member of International Finance Education Association. The one-year CUC MBA program is enrolled and managed exclusively by FISO Group. FISO offer a full range of guidance and integrated services from the application and preparation, learning in the United States, internship, job application and living in the United States. It offers more than just a diploma but a clear career plan for the future and one that enables you to gain a lifetime success.
Official Website: fisogroup.com
Teacher Zhang Phone: 001-312-684-5382
Office Address: 200 E Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601